Last Modified December 1, 2017
3. GOVERNING LAW. These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Arizona, without reference to their rules regarding conflicts of law. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts in Phoenix, Arizona in all disputes arising out of or related to the use of the site.
4. AGE. The site is intended only for users aged 18 or older. Individuals under the age of 18 are strictly prohibited from using the site and the accounts for any such person shall be terminated upon discovery.
5. USE OF SOFTWARE. Deer Tribe may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and Deer Tribe’s data (collectively, “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Deer Tribe, for your personal, noncommercial, home use only. Deer Tribe does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Deer Tribe retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Deer Tribe or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
6. USER CONTENT. You grant Deer Tribe a license to use the materials you post to the Site or Service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Site or Service, you are granting Deer Tribe, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a non-exclusive license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the business of Deer Tribe, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Deer Tribe may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
7. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
9. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND DCMA COMPLAINT. Deer Tribe respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislatation/dmca.pdf. Deer Tribe will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Deer Tribe Site.
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to the Deer Tribe Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of Notice as described below, Deer Tribe will take whatever action, in its sole discretions, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Site.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (Notice)
1. Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
2. Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and to which access is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site or the exact location where such material may be found.
3. Provide your company affiliation (if applicable), mailing address, telephone number, and if available, email address.
4. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
“I hereby state that I have a good faith believe that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law (e.g. as a fair use).
“I hereby state that the information is this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this notice, with all items completed to the Deer Tribes Designated Copyright Agent.
11. NO WARRANTIES. DEER TRIBE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. DEER TRIBE IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DEER TRIBE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. DEER TRIBE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
12. LIMITED LIABILITY. DEER TRIBE LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. IN NO EVENT SHALL DEER TRIBE BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY DEER TRIBE. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
14. PROHIBITED USES. DEER TRIBE imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by DEER TRIBE in providing the Site or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
16. COPYRIGHT. With the exception of User Content, all contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © 2017 Deer Tribe Metis Medicine Society,. P.O. Box 12397. Scottsdale AZ 85267. All rights reserved.
18. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by DEER TRIBE or by any third party.
19. UNITED STATES USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by Deer Tribe from its offices in the State of Arizona. The domain of the website is registered in the United States and the Site is hosted in the United States. Deer Tribe makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Site should not be construed as Deer Tribe’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than Arizona and the United States. Deer Tribe does not engage in business or organize events outside of the United States. Any such business, events or activities are organized by organizations independent of the Deer Tribe.